Materials used in constructing metal garage buildings
Metal garage buildings are a common type of residential outbuilding, and due to their functional need to store vehicles or other items, many types of materials are used in their construction. These main materials used in building metal garages are detailed below.
1. Steel material
- Steel frame: The steel frame is the main structure of the metal garage, and channel steel, I-beam, etc. are often used as the main load-bearing components. These steels are galvanized or painted to effectively prevent rust and extend the life of the building.
- Steel plate: used for the laying of floors, walls and roofs of metal garages, with excellent moisture-proof and corrosion-resistant properties. Depending on specific needs, steel plates of different thicknesses can be selected.
- Sandwich panels: used for laying walls and roofs of metal garage buildings. It has steel plates on both sides and a core material of different materials (polyurethane, polystyrene, rock wool, glass wool, silica) in the middle, which has the properties of thermal insulation, fire protection and moisture resistance.
2. Aluminum alloy materials
- Aluminum alloy windows: Aluminum alloy windows are often used for ventilation and lighting in garages. They are popular for their lightweight, durable and beautiful features.
- Aluminum railings: In order to enhance the safety of the garage, aluminum railings are usually installed around the garage.
- Wooden Joists: In some garages, to increase the insulation of the garage, wooden joists are added underneath the steel frame to provide additional support.
- Wooden wall panels: In order to facilitate cleaning and management, some garage walls will use wooden wall panels. At the same time, wooden wall panels also have a certain thermal insulation effect.
4. Plastic materials
- PVC pipes: PVC pipes are often used in garage water supply and drainage systems. They have the advantages of light weight, corrosion resistance, and easy construction.
- Waterproof membrane: In order to prevent leakage in the underground garage, waterproof membrane will be used as a waterproof layer. Waterproofing membranes mainly include SBS modified asphalt waterproofing membranes, polyurethane waterproofing membranes, etc.
5. Concrete materials
- Reinforced Concrete: Reinforced concrete is a commonly used material in metal garage construction. It has the advantages of high structural strength, good durability, and relatively low cost. Reinforced concrete is mainly used for the construction of garage foundations, walls, floors and other structures.
- Ordinary concrete: Ordinary concrete is mainly used for pouring garage floors, wall exteriors and some structural supports. Depending on specific needs, appropriate amounts of admixtures can be added to improve the properties of concrete.
These are the main materials used in constructing metal garage buildings. Various materials have their own unique characteristics and functions. Reasonable selection and application according to actual needs can ensure the quality and lifespan of metal garage.