Comparison of steel structure workshop and civil construction factory building
Nowadays, environmental protection issues have gradually attracted people’s attention. The factory building structure gradually adopts the steel structure construction form. The steel structure workshop will not cause major adverse effects on the surrounding environment during the construction process, and the required construction period is relatively short, and the application advantages are obvious. There is a certain difference between the construction of steel structure workshop and the construction of civil engineering, and its construction quality is easily affected by factors such as steel structure installation and welding. Therefore, it is very important to strengthen the quality control of each construction process.
Steel structures are currently widely used in the construction of large spaces such as factories. With the continuous improvement of acceptance in the past ten years, they can also be carried out in the civil field. So what are the advantages and disadvantages of steel structure workshops compared with civil factory buildings?
First of all, civil workshops are considered the most traditional mode of building workshops. At present, there are mainly brick-concrete construction or concrete slab construction.
Advantages of brick-concrete factory buildings
- Low requirements: As bricks are small standardized components, they have low requirements on the construction site and construction technology, and can be built into walls of various shapes, and can be produced everywhere.
- Good stability: It has good durability, chemical stability and atmospheric stability, and has good heat preservation and fire resistance.
- Simple construction: simple construction technology and construction equipment.
- High acceptance: It is widely used in residential construction and is generally accepted by the public as a building material.
Disadvantages of brick and concrete factory buildings
1. The fatal shortcoming is that it is not earthquake-resistant. Because the force is on the wall, there is no other point of support, and it is brittle damage caused by disasters such as earthquakes or floods, and it collapses all at once.
2. Long construction period: it will take about half a year at the fastest. However, there are many factors that affect the duration of self-built houses. The structure of the house, the time of building the house and the size of the house will all affect the process of building the house. For example, the speed of building houses in winter will definitely be relatively slow.
3. Cracks: Brick-concrete cracks are a common quality problem of self-built houses, and the integrity is poor. In places where earthquakes are prone to occur, such as factory buildings in active seismic areas, it is recommended to construct steel structures.
Advantages of steel structure workshop
- Anti-seismic, good stability, lightweight and convenient. The structural material used has high strength and thin thickness.
- Steel consumption is low, usually the overall steel consumption of low-rise buildings is within 30Kg/㎡, and the steel consumption of multi-storey buildings is within 40Kg/㎡.
- The overall weight of the house is light, only about 1/5 of the traditional brick-concrete structure.
- The light structure reduces transportation and hoisting costs. The base load is also reduced accordingly, reducing the base cost.
- It has low requirements on the foundation, especially suitable for harsh areas with complex terrain such as mountains, river beaches, sandy land, and islands, and is energy-saving and environmentally friendly.
Light steel structures can be 100% recycled, and Tibetan steel is of great significance to the people. The wall and roof combination scheme with excellent performance provides excellent thermal insulation, sound insulation and waterproof performance, and reduces energy consumption by 65% compared with traditional brick-concrete structures.
But the steel structure is not without its disadvantages. His disadvantage is that it is relatively difficult to change the structure. The entire steel structure factory building is a very stable whole, and the whole body can be affected by a single move. If the overall steel structure weighing structure is changed without the design of a professional organization, the consequences will be very dire.
To sum up, steel structure workshop still have a comparative advantage over brick-concrete buildings in terms of geographical location. This situation will gradually appear in the civil field in the next ten years.