Advantages and disadvantages of steel structure workshop building
The steel structure workshop building is a building with a load-bearing structure composed of building steel. The load-bearing structure is usually composed of beams, columns, trusses and other components made of section steel and steel plates. Together with the envelope structures such as roof, floor and wall, they form a fully planted building.
Construction steel usually refers to hot-rolled angle steel, channel steel, I-beam, H-beam and steel pipe. A building whose components constitute a load-bearing structure is called a steel structure building. In addition, thin-walled sections such as L-shaped, U-shaped, Z-shaped and tube-shaped, which are cold-rolled and formed from thin steel sheets, rolled or unrolled, as well as the load-bearing components formed by them and small steel materials such as angle steel and steel bar, etc. Structural building, generally called light steel structure building. There are also suspension structure buildings using steel cables, which are also steel structure buildings.
The strength and elastic modulus of steel are high, the material is uniform, the steel structure has good plasticity and toughness, high precision, convenient installation, high degree of industrialization, and fast construction, but it has poor corrosion resistance and fire resistance, and requires frequent maintenance.
Advantages of steel structure workshop building
1. The construction time is greatly saved, and the construction is not affected by the season.
2. Increase the use area of residential space and reduce construction waste and environmental pollution.
3. Building materials can be reused, driving the development of other new building materials industries.
4. Good seismic performance, easy to transform in use, flexible and convenient, bringing comfort and so on.
5. High strength, light weight, high safety and richness of components, reducing building cost.
6. In line with the sustainable development strategy, low carbon, green, environmental protection, energy saving, etc. are the industries supported by the state.
Due to the non-renewable land resources, the steel production is getting higher and higher, and the serious oversupply situation has forced the steel enterprises to find another way. The introduction of the mature steel structure residential building system from abroad has found a new way out for the construction industry and the steel industry at the same time. Therefore, steel mills and building materials companies are at the forefront of steel structure residential.
Disadvantages of steel structure workshop building
1. It is not heat-resistant and fire-resistant, and needs to be coated with fire-resistant paint on the surface.
2. It is susceptible to corrosion, and the surface needs to be coated with anti-corrosion paint to reduce or avoid corrosion and increase the durability.
3. The plate unit is bulky, self-heavy, super wide, super high, and difficult to transport, resulting in high transport costs.